The Harrison Hill parent Faculty Organization (PFO) works with the staff and community members to provide for our students. The PFO focuses on enhancing the educational opportunities of our students by encouraging participation and cooperation between parents and school staff.
Harrison Hill parents are involved in the education of their children and the support of the school in the following ways:
- Parents and staff members meet monthly to discuss the needs of students and teachers and to develop plans to support the initiatives of the school.
- The PFO has supported the school by raising funds for a wide variety of projects and activities:
- Staff development
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of clothing, school supplies, and other basic items for students and families in need
- Support of Arts-In-Education
- Sixth grade graduation celebrations
- Drug awareness programs
- Building a nature center in the Harrison Hill courtyard
Other parent and school partnerships include volunteers who work as tutors, classroom assistants, office and media center clerical assistants, and special events workers.